A lot of things happened in the past few months! Because of Alchemic Feed, I was exposed to an exciting opportunity to work in a commercial cafe kitchen as a COOK! For the coming weeks, I’m going to roll out a “How To” series- covering from the most basic cooking skills to help you, and myself, to learn, improve and explore to be our own personal home-cook chef. Ahhh, I’m excited.
WHAT’S COMING? ALCHEMIC FEED’S FIRST YOUTUBE VIDEO!
My ingredients and steps for the “How To” questions MAY NOT be the best way nor the most correct way. They will be based on my own research, experiences and other people’s opinions. There are many ways out there in this universe; so please feel free to comment on Alchemic Feed’s Facebook page <– (click) or Instagram (#alchemicfeed) to share YOUR WAY! I would love to hear how you do it too.
ALSO! Please don’t hesitate to ask me “How do I do this?” “How to cook a…?”, because I may not know it myself as well, and we can all mingle together. HAHA! I can not wait for this learning journey to begin.
HOW TO COOK
THE PERFECT SCRAMBLED EGGS? (TWO WAYS)
1 dozen eggs
1 bunch of Chives
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Splash of Milk/Cream
Salt & Pepper
(The SMOOOTH WAY)
1. Beat two eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper.
3. Heat butter in a pan over low heat until butter slowly foams.
4. Pour in the egg. When the egg starts to cook, gently push it with a spatula/wooden spoon.
5. Remove from the heat if the eggs cook too fast.
You want to maintain that soft egg texture.
6. Add chives for an extra kick.
7. The size of the egg curds depends on how much you stir the egg.
Aim for a slightly undercooked, velvety texture.
8. If desired, add a splash of milk/cream/butter to stop the cooking process.
9. Taste and season. Serve on toast.
(THE CREAMY WAY)
1. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl with a nob of butter.
2. Pour in the pot over low heat and continuously stir the egg.
3. Keep mixing, your arm will be sore!
4. Remove from the heat to catch up with the stirring to avoid egg overcooked.
5. Add chives and keep stirring for a smooth egg custard.
6. Remove from heat and add milk/cream/butter.
7. Season with S&P and serve on toast.