It’s strawberry season in Australia!! The dry winter with warm days and freezing nights of good old Queensland has led me to create this dessert. This strawberry chocolate bar is very rich, but at the same time not overly sweet for my taste. For the base, I used my favourite digestive biscuit base of all times for any cheesecakes, or for any types of dessert tarts. I also used the same digestive biscuit base for my previous post – Banoffee Pie x Tiramisu as well!
For the sauce on top, I simply blended the strawberries in a food processor and cooked it on top of the stove alongside with powdered sugar to reduce it into a thicker consistency. Of course, as always, I encourage creativity when you’re in your own kitchen, so feel free to replace the sauce with melted white chocolate or cream cheese glaze or any other sauce that you think it will go well with it. But please do let me know!
Here it goes.
Strawberry Chocolate Crumble Bars
Serve: Around 12 slices
20 x Mcvities Digestive Plain Biscuit
1 and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate discs
1/2 cup of milk chocolate discs
300g condensed milk
1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
3-4 tbsp Sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder (optional)
110g of room temperature (soft) butter
1 and 1/2 cup of strawberries
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1. Blend digestive biscuit in a food processor until it turns into crumbs
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat
3. Mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuit and mix well
4. Pour into a baking dish and lightly press it down with a spoon
(don’t forget the edges!)
5. Bake the base in the oven on 375 degree Fahrenheit or 180 degree Celsius for 10-15 minutes
or until slightly golden brown
6. Meanwhile, prepare chocolate filling and cut strawberries
1. Rinse strawberries and cut the stem off.
2. Slice strawberries into quarters.
1. Melt the dark and milk chocolate discs with the condensed milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Fill the baking dish with a layer of strawberries and pour the mixture to cover
*Note: fill the whole layer with strawberries instead of leaving gaps like the above picture*
1. Add flour, sugar, soft butter, salt, cinnamon and mix well until it resembles chunky crumbs
2. Sprinkle on top of the chocolate and bake for around 40 minutes on 375 degrees F or 180 degrees C
3. Once the crumble is golden brown and the mixture is bubbling, take it out of the oven
4. Set aside and let it completely cool. Refrigerate for another 15 minutes before slicing
1. Pour 1 and a half cup of strawberries into blender and blend until smooth
2. Cook the liquid with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a small saucepan over low heat
3. Turn the fire off when it slightly thickens (it will be more thicker once it cools down)
4. Pour into piping bag and squeeze on top of the chocolate bar
SERVE WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES, WHIPPED CREAM OR ICE CREAM!
Did you like it? Any feedback?
Visit Alchemic Feed on social media!
All photos reserved by: Eyes of Ed